Funeral legal documents
Documents required to declare death:
• Medical death certificate prepared and signed by the doctor who did the finding
• Acts of the deceased
• The identity of the deceased
• Birth and marriage certificate, if applicable
• Military ID or, if applicable, certificate of appointment, for persons subject to military obligations to 60 years
• The identity of the declarant
• Maintenance of the deceased Act, as applicable
In special cases:
• Proof issued by police or prosecutors agreed when death from suicide, an accident or other violent death or if the registration is more than 3 days from the date of its occurrence.
In these cases of death, it is mandatory to have a Prosecutor Office stamp.
• The report prepared by the doctor – if body found.
• Communication from the prison administration in case the person died in a penitentiary institution.
The legal term for a declaration of death in Romania is 3 days after death. Documents are submitted to the Office of deaths within the Civil Service.
Forms to be completed by applicant:
• Statement by the legal heirs and estate, if the deceased was residing in the municipality of Brasov.
• Statement of reasons of absence or military service record of the identity of the deceased.
• Application for death in case of breach of the statutory period.
Note: All documents are submitted are required to be in original and copy.
Death certificate (is obtained based on the documents mentioned in marital status or mayor in whose jurisdiction the death occurred).
Office for records of deaths – Brasov City Hall
Heroes Boulevard. No 8
Tel: 0268 416 550 ext. 168
• Monday – Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• Saturday: 09:00 – 13:00
Marital status – Brasov City Hall
Office 27 – Death Records
(Entrance from the street N. Iorga)
Documents required to file preparation bereavement:
• Aid application form for burial..
• Pension certificate of the deceased
• The identity of the applicant’s birth certificate and / or marriage (original and copy)
• Documentation showing that the applicant has incurred funeral expenses (invoices and receipts).
Documents required for payment of unpaid pension of the deceased:
• Application form.
• Death certificate (Original and copy).
• The identity of the applicant (Original and copy).
• the applicant’s civil status, which shows the degree of relationship to the deceased
(Original and copy).
• Heir certificate (Original and copy).
• A copy of the deceased’s pension payment slip.
Note: Acts as a file to be accepted for payment of the pension is necessary to add the certificate of inheritance, if the person making the request is not downward or upward of law: parents, children, husband, wife (cf. Civil Code, Cap. 1 Art 653). For more details about this situation we recommend you talk with a notary.